Saturday, October 3, 2009

Palak Tofu

Okay, palak means spinach, but this is usually palak paneer - which is that yummy indian cheese. Where is this tofu coming in? Well, I had tofu in the fridge, and I fried it up just the same as the paneer, so it works even if it's not quite as satisfying. Probably a bit healthier too, but don't get me wrong - if Shopper's carried paneer that would've been in here. This is comfort food and I could eat it nonstop for a long time. Use canned diced tomatoes for better flavor. The recipe is here.

2 comments:

  1. Mom will also replace paneer with tofu in some dishes on occassion. Tends to make the over-40 set quite unhappy, but I like it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, now we are talking about the over-40 set. 40 is the new 30!

    ReplyDelete