Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower with Fish Sauce Vinagrette


This is the recipe that I mentioned in my Momofuku post.  It is so good that I have actually made it twice already.  Fish sauce is one of those sauces that doesn't smell so good, but when you start eating it it tastes so good you just keep eating.  There are spicy Rice Crispies in here for crunch, along with fried cilantro.  This was totally new to me, but it worked great.  The leaves get crispy almost instantly and make for something interesting in the bowl.  There are a couple ingredients you'll get from the Asian market.  The Shichimi Togarashi, a Japanese chili powder, and the fish sauce.  Chang recommends Squid brand, which I have actually seen in the market but am waiting to use up what I have before trying it.  I gave an easy hand to the vinaigrette when dressing the cauliflower - it needs more than a salad, but less than a total soaking.  Overall this recipe is fresh and new, but comforting.   Here's a link to the recipe that others have posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment